Do you love drinking hibiscus-flavored drinks? One of the much-loved hibiscus flavored drinks was the Starbucks very berry hibiscus.I used the word “was” because the very berry hibiscus drink has been removed from many Starbucks menus.
But you don’t have to miss it anymore. Today, we have come up with the Starbucks very berry hibiscus recipe, which you can quickly try at home and enjoy the refreshing flavor of hibiscus and the sweetness of berries.
To make this Starbucks very berry hibiscus, you require some dried hibiscus which you can get quickly from the market. Boil the dried hibiscus along with sugar in water. Steep the boiled liquid for a while. Add water, grape juice, muddled berries, and other ingredients in a jar or a glass. Stir or shake well and enjoy.
So, let’s dig into the recipe, try this Starbucks very berry hibiscus, and enjoy this holiday season with more vibrant flavors and colors.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus?
- Saucepan – We will require a saucepan to boil the dried hibiscus and sugar.
- Strainer – A strainer will be used to strain the boiled mixture.
- Fork – The fork will help in muddling the berries.
- Bowl – In a bowl, berries will be crushed casually.
- Jar – All the ingredients will be mixed in a jar.
- Glass – Glasses will be used to serve the drink from the jar.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus?
- Dried Hibiscus Flowers – Starbucks very berry hibiscus calls for dried hibiscus, which gives us a vibrant flavor.
- Blackberries – Blackberries will be muddled and then added to the recipe.
- White Grape Juice – White grape juice will add a fruity flavor to the drink.
- Green Coffee Bean Powder – Originally, green coffee bean powder was used in the recipe.
- Water – Water will be added to the drink with other ingredients.
- Sugar – Sugar will add the required sweetness to Starbucks very berry hibiscus.
Steps To Make Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus
1. Make The Hibiscus Syrup
Firstly, you need to make hibiscus syrup for the recipe. The syrup is straightforward to make and can be used in plenty of drink recipes. Take a saucepan and add some water. Heat the water on medium-low flame, and once it starts to simmer, add the dried hibiscus.
Now add some sugar and let it boil. When the sugar completely dissolves, remove the saucepan from the heat. Place a lid over the saucepan and let it steep for 20 mins. After 20 mins, using a strainer or cheesecloth, strain all the liquid and keep it aside.
2. Muddle The Berries
Using a bowl and a fork, muddle the berries. While muddling, leave some berries as a whole or half muddle to enhance the appearance of Starbucks very berry hibiscus.
3. Mix The Liquids
In a jar, add some water along with the hibiscus syrup. Now it is time to add other items. Pour some white grape juice and add the green coffee powder into the jar.
Close the lid properly and shake the jar until the green coffee completely dissolves with the liquids. It will take a few seconds to do this, and your Starbucks very berry hibiscus is ready for the final step
4. Serve The Drink
In a glass, add some ice and pour the mixed liquids over the ice. Now, add the muddled berries and stir them properly. You can enjoy this as a morning drink; it is refreshing and flavorful.
How Will Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Look And Taste Like?
Starbucks very berry hibiscus has a prominent sweet and fruity flavor. The green coffee will complete the caffeine flavor, and the hibiscus syrup will add richness to the drink.
The appearance of this drink will be red, and the chunks of berries will beautify the look of Starbucks’ very berry hibiscus drink.
Important Tips For The Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus
- You can store this hibiscus syrup for around two weeks in a refrigerator and can use it whenever you want to make a Starbucks very berry hibiscus.
- You can use dried hibiscus from the market or dry the hibiscus in sunlight at home only. It may take some time, but it is easy and cheap.
- The recipe calls for blackberries, and you can also use frozen blackberries to enhance the flavor and make it more similar to the original recipe.
- Make sure to steep the hibiscus syrup for 20 minutes to let all the flavor come out properly.
- You can garnish this with a lemon wedge or mint leaves also.
Variations Of The Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus
- Use coconut milk – You can add some coconut milk to the recipe. Coconut milk makes the drink more creamy in texture and enhances the sweetness. The coconut milk will turn the drink into a violet color, making the look of the drink more aesthetic and tempting.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon – Add a few drops of lemon, and you will have a lemonade of the Starbucks very berry hibiscus drink. It will have a sour taste and justify the drink’s sweetness.
- Add some extra spikes – If you want to upgrade this drink to an adult level, then try adding vodka, tequila, or wine with the hibiscus syrup and water. This will be an adult drink.
- Use green tea bags – You can easily switch the green coffee powder with green tea bags to make the Starbucks very berry recipe more healthy and caffeine free.
- Make a keto drink – Eliminate using sugar in the hibiscus syrup and use white grape juice, which has no sugar.
Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus Copycat Recipe
Starbucks very berry hibiscus is an effortless and sweet drink you can enjoy in the morning or afternoon. Try the recipe yourself and enjoy this fantastic flavorful drink.
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cup Hibiscus Flowers (dried)
- ¼ cup Blackberries
- 1 cup White Grape Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Green Coffee Bean Powder
Make hibiscus syrup by boiling the dried hibiscus and sugar in water. Steep the boiled liquid for 20 minutes. Using a strainer, pass all the liquid left behind the dried flower leftovers.
Now, in a bowl, muddle some berries with the help of a fork. Remember to leave some berries as a whole or half crushed.
Mix the muddled berries and ice into a glass or jar. Now pour the hibiscus syrup along with 1 cup water and stir it properly. Do not forget to add ice. If using the jar, close the lid and give it a good shake. Your drink is now ready!
Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 121.6g | Protein: 0.4g | Fat: 0.2g | Sodium: 22.8mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 118.3g
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Starbucks very berry hibiscus caffeinated?
Yes, the original recipe of Starbucks very berry hibiscus is caffeinated. However, you can switch to green tea to eliminate the caffeine content.
Can we make the Starbucks very berry hibiscus drink ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the hibiscus syrup and refrigerate it for about 2 weeks. While serving, add the other ingredients, and you are good to go.
Is Starbucks very berry hibiscus discontinued?
Currently, many Starbucks menus do not have very berry hibiscus drinks, but you can get this in many stores, which have little distinct flavor compared to the Starbucks original.
The Starbucks very berry hibiscus may have been discontinued. Still, you have nothing to worry about because we have taken complete recipe knowledge, and so far, it is evident that it is effortless to make.
You need some dried hibiscus, grape juice, water, ice, and sugar, and you will have your refreshing Starbucks very berry hibiscus drink. I hope this recipe was helpful. Try this at home, and let us know in the comments.
Leftover Stuffing Muffins – Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Tassajara Warm Red Cabbage Salad
Traditional Potato Latkes – The Lemon Bowl®