Browned Butter and Sage Roasted Butternut Squash
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook dinner Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 6
Tender roasted sweet butternut squash in garlic browned butter with a lot of fried sage!
- 1 (2-3 pound) butternut squash, peed, seeded and reduce into chunk sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to style
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons clean sage, thinly sliced
- Toss the butternut squash with the oil, salt and pepper just before spreading out in a one layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in a preheated 400F/200C oven right up until tender, about 20-30 minutes, mixing fifty percent way by means of.
- Meanwhile, cook the butter in a compact saucepan more than medium heat right until it starts to convert a awesome hazelnut brown before eradicating it from the heat and mixing in the garlic and sage.
Choice: Insert 1 compact onion. (You can either slice it and roast it with the butternut or dice it and cook it in the butter.)
Selection: Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey or brown sugar to butter mixture, after mixing in the garlic and sage, for some additional sweetness and flavour.
Selection: Insert a splash of lemon juice, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar to the butter combination following mixing in the garlic and sage.
Solution: Add a pinch of purple pepper flakes alongside with the garlic and sage.
Choice: Swap the sage with thyme.
Selection: Garnish with 1/4 cup crispy cooked pancetta.
Choice: Garnish with 1/4 cup pepitas.
Choice: Garnish with 1/4 cup dried cranberries.
Solution: Sprinkle grated parmesan or pecorino cheese on although even now warm.
Leftover Stuffing Muffins – Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Tassajara Warm Red Cabbage Salad
Traditional Potato Latkes – The Lemon Bowl®