These easy Stuffed Dates make for the perfect appetizer for any party and especially around the Holidays! Pitted dates stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped in bacon, and drizzled with honey then baked until the bacon is crispy and so flavorful.
This stuffed dates recipe joins our Grape Jelly Meatballs and Jalapeno Poppers as crowd-pleasing finger foods at parties.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Stuffed Dates Recipe
If there’s a combination of flavors that pairs savory with sweetness well, these dates would be on the list. The nutty sweet flavor from the dates combined with the mildly tart flavor of goat cheese wrapped in bacon with a hint of honey then and baked until crispy is the perfect combination of unexpected flavors.
The combination of sweet, savory, and creamy is irresistibly good in this stuffed dates recipe.
Though the stuffed dates are great for parties or potlucks, they are equally amazing for an afternoon snack or a road trip snack.
Ingredients for Stuffed Dates
You only need 4 simple ingredients for this easy recipe and it comes together so quickly making it a winning recipe.
- Medjool dates – We like using Medjool dates as they are large and have that perfect sweetness to them. You can use your favorite dates for this recipe.
- Goat cheese – Your favorite plain soft goat cheese will work.
- Bacon – We prefer thin bacon because it gets crispy in the oven faster. Thick-cut bacon will take longer and the dates and filling will end up a little overcooked.
- Honey – Though honey can be optional, the added drizzle of flavor is welcoming.
How to Make Stuffed Dates
- Line baking sheet – For easier cleanup, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove pit – Use a pairing knife to slice the dates lengthwise on one side and remove the pit.
- Stuff cheese – Generously stuff each date with goat cheese.
- Wrap bacon – Wrap the bacon tightly around the date so the ends meet under the date.
- Drizzle Honey – Place the dates onto your baking sheet with the bacon seam side down. Drizzle with honey.
- Bake – Bake the stuffed dates until the bacon is crispy.
Pro Tip: You can slice bacon into three if you prefer less bacon. In this case, secure the bacon with a toothpick so it doesn’t come undone.
Storing & Make-Ahead
We love appetizers that we can make ahead of time like Shrimp Cocktail or Hummus. It makes entertaining that much easier and more relaxed. You’ll love that these stuffed dates keep well.
- Make-Ahead – These can easily be made one day in advance, covered, and refrigerated. Then just bake before serving.
- Refrigerate – Store the leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat – To reheat the stuffed dates, bake them in the oven or air fryer until reheated.
Yes! You can just skip the bacon and no baking will be required. Just drizzle the honey over the dates and goat cheese.
Though the appetizers are best when served warm, they are just as good if they are served cold.
Dates really are healthy. Their antioxidant properties may help support gut and bone health, and dates are high in nutrients and fiber making them a great treat! They are also the greatest processed sugar substitute because they are naturally sweet.
If you are looking for an extra crispy finish to your bacon, just cook them a few minutes longer than indicated.
No, you can use your favorite dates, just be sure to pit them before stuffing.
Variations and Substitutions
The stuffed dates are so versatile and may be enjoyed in so many different ways. Here are some different sweet or savory ways you can stuff your dates:
- Cream cheese instead of goat cheese
- Peanut butter and almonds
- Peanut butter stuffed and coated with chocolate
- Substitute prosciutto for bacon
- Top or stuff with crushed pistachios or almonds
- Skip the bacon for a no-bake option
More Appetizers to Enjoy
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
These incredible Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates make for the perfect appetizer or side dish for the Holidays. The dates combined with goat cheese, crispy bacon has so much flavor.
Cost to Make:
Servings: 24 dates
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a small paring knife, pit and slice the dates in half lengthwise. Stuff dates with goat cheese.
Cut bacon strips in half. Wrap bacon around each date and place on the baking sheet with the bacon seam-side-down.
Drizzle with honey and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Vitamin A 86IU2%
Vitamin C 0.01mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.